Are you having issues with your facebook getting compromised by wall posts that you do not intend to share with your friends? Or you are posting messages that you did not actually send? A growing number of spam and scam messages are taking over facebook accounts. This page will provide you information on dealing with scams on facebook: how to remove facebook scam messages on your wall, how to stop spam on facebook and how to protect your account (and your friends’) from the growing number of facebook phishing scams and facebook survey scams.
For most facebook spam applications that post messages in your wall:
- Go to your profile and find the malicious post in your wall.
- Hover at the top right of this post. An x mark will appear. Click this x mark to remove the post or report as spam.
You may also want to check the apps you are using:
- Click Account (top right) of your Facebook and go to Privacy Settings
- Scroll down below and click on ‘Edit Your Settings’ under Apps and Websites.
- Under Apps You Use, click Remove unwanted or spammy apps or the Edit settings button.
- Find and click on the malicious app. Note: The application may vary so make sure to check unfamiliar and new applications.
- Click on ‘Edit Settings’ and ‘remove app’. You may also want to get rid of other applications you don’t want to have access to your facebook account data.
- Change your password.
Other helpful things to do:
- Call your cellphone network provider if you have provided your number to any of the surveys to avoid bogus charges from appearing in your account.
- You must also avoid downloading files such as games as these may have viruses that can infect your computer. In case you already did, do a system scan with a reliable antivirus.
- Change your facebook password and use a good computer security tool.
- Tell your friends about this scam by sharing this post on twitter or facebook: