Did you try the new Facebook timeline out of curiosity and now you want to know how to revert back to the old Facebook layout? This article provides information on how to disable facebook timeline. Follow the illustrated & step by step guide below on how to go back to old facebook from timeline. Do note that this instruction on how to revert from timeline only applies to those who got the timeline by creating a facebook application with facebook developer account and enabled the Open Graph features.*
How to Disable Facebook Timeline
Log in to your facebook and go to the Facebook Apps page here. For your ease, you can refer to the images below for your illustrated guide on how to remove timeline application.
1. Find and click the application you created for the facebook timeline at the left hand navigation menu
2. Click “Edit App” at the right hand corner of your screen.
3. Find and click the “Delete app” link at the left side of your screen.
4. A popup appears asking you to confirm if you are sure to delete the application. Click confirm.
5. Go back to your profile page. You should see your old facebook profile layout.
While in our opinion the new facebook profile layout is aesthetically better, there are several reasons why some users who tested this feature do not want the Facebook Timeline. For one, some of your friends may not be able to see your new profile layout and you may have difficulty navigating through your new profile.
* This article was written in September 2011 back when users have the option to test timeline. This article was intended for these particular Facebook users (e.g those who TRIED timeline by creating a facebook app with a facebook developer account and enabled the open graph features).
As of January 2012, Facebook announced that it will be replacing the old profile with the Facebook timeline. There’s likely no going back once your profile reverts to Facebook timeline.
Nonetheless, we have made clear early on that the instruction below only applies to “those who got the timeline by creating a facebook application with facebook developer account and enabled the Open Graph features”. We hope this clears out things especially for readers like Angel withoutwings who have not understood that this article was intended for timeline testers.